For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora creates cloud-based software on a subscription basis that enables any company in any industry to successfully launch, manage, and transform into a subscription business. Our growth story is far from over and our Product organization is pivotal in sustaining our rapid growth across the globe. We are looking for a highly collaborative, hands-on Product Manager with strong technical aptitude and prior experience delivering innovative SaaS business applications and solutions to help us take on a $40 billion market opportunity.
To be successful in this role, you need to demonstrate a sincere passion for building complex products that customers love in Enterprise Finance and Revenue Automation domain. On the Zuora product team:
- We obsess about user experience, and our customers represent small startups to Fortune 50 enterprises;
- We are deeply involved in driving product design, from both an API and UI perspective;
- We strive for customer intimacy and meet with our customers regularly to review user experience and design and to ensure we are meeting customers’ needs and solving customer problems;
- We deliver mission critical solutions, so we have to think about scale, performance, compatibility and extensive downstream impacts;
- We lead product innovation from initial strategy through delivery and customer adoption.
This position is for a Senior Product Manager who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment and loves working with a great technology team.
What You’ll Achieve
- Own the end-to-end product lifecycle for Zuora’s Quote to Cash services driving user configurability, standards, scalability and stability.
- Collaborate on product vision, strategy, and roadmap for multiple product domains.
- Be able to get deep in the Quote to Cash domain, understand the market and customer needs and the competition.
- Have the desire to own end-to-end feature delivery, including working with user experience on prototypes, writing detailed design documents, creating and prioritizing user stories, analyzing user data to drive decision making and documenting delivery of monthly releases.
- Cultivate customer empathy and develop deep insights into customer needs and how product services addresses those needs.
- Develop competitive expertise to assist in outbound product positioning and inform internal development priorities.
- Assist product marketing with core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Represent Zuora as a domain and product expert at industry events, customer visits, and other outbound activities.
What You Need to be Successful
- Ability to think like a mini CEO to drive the success of Zuora’s product offerings.
- Leadership through influence rather than organization structures. Proven ability to motivate, lead, and collaborate with cross-functional product development teams and manage interactions across product areas.
- 5+ years of relevant, hands-on product management experience and demonstrated success at leading enterprise software SaaS companies.
- Solid understanding of relevant technology and tools including APIs, cloud solutions and programming languages and how SaaS integrations work.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture, microservices, and event-driven architecture a plus.
- Strong product design skills, from both a technical API and user interface design perspective.
- Demonstrated success defining and shipping products in an iterative manner, with a hands-on willingness to do whatever it takes from an execution perspective.
- Experience transforming product strategy into well-articulated business requirements, as well as using qualitative and quantitative data effectively to inform product direction and prioritization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions as well as functional / technical deep dives.
- Fantastic problem-solving abilities, analytical horsepower, and attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to work with distributed engineering, sales, and services teams.
- Passion for the market and opportunity Zuora is pursuing.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or a vast technological understanding.
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our 4.5+ rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com