Commercial Legal Counsel – French & German speaking
Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy®. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behaviour, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. Zuora serves more than 800 companies around the world in every industry. The Subscription Economy Index (SEI) demonstrates that SEI companies are growing revenues approximately nine times faster than the S&P 500. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney and Tokyo.
- Support and partner with the Southern EMEA and DACH sales organisation and other functions that support the sales organisation to help close customer deals and grow the business.
- Draft, negotiate and provide legal support on a wide variety of commercial technology transactions.
- Provide advice, guidance, and training to internal stakeholders on issues relating to making, negotiating and closing deals with due regard to internal processes and risk management.
- Help draft and update customer contract templates and forms in collaboration with fellow colleagues on the Legal team.
- Provide legal support within the region on other more general matters (e.g. employment, real estate, etc).
- As part of a global Legal team, undertake various other projects as and when required.
Required education and experience:
- A law degree with a license to practice in at least on jurisdiction within the region.
- 8-12 years of relevant experience in negotiating complex commercial transactions, including but not limited to SaaS subscription agreements/software licenses and associated professional services contracts. Prior inhouse work preferred.
- A working knowledge of EU employment and privacy laws would be a plus.
- At home in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-growth environment, preferably for a public US-owned technology vendor.
- Able to oversee multiple complex matters simultaneously, through effective prioritization, managing the expectations of key stakeholders, and working independently.
- Able to provide legally sound, pragmatic and practical recommendations.
- Spoken and written fluency in French and at least one other language (in addition to English) is preferred.
- A strong “business-friendly” partnering mindset that comes with an understanding that the Legal team’s primary purpose is to support the growth and success of the business.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills with senior sales leaders and key players from other functions.
- A natural team player, someone who is impactful and credible without having to rely on position or hierarchy to get things done with and through other colleagues.
- Able to build and maintain good relationships across all levels and all functions.
- Enthusiastic, flexible and energetic with a results-oriented mindset particularly at fiscal quarter-end.
- Willingness to travel, both regionally and internationally, as required.
- Interest in assuming additional responsibilities as needed and as the organisation grows.